Film: Netflix Streaming Top 5 Picks
Elizabeth Barragan’s Top 5 Netflix Picks: Just My Type - I Love Designs
Let’s start the month of February in the mood for love. This Thursday’s Netflix Streaming Top 5 Film Picks focuses on platonic love - the love of design. Milton Glaser unlocks his genius, Helvetica writes a love letter, Objectified - well gets objectified, Art&Copy gives us the Don Draper treatment and Page One… reminds us that we kind of adore the NYT. Sit back and feast your eyes and minds on the beauty of design.
1. Milton Glaser To Inform & Delight - Milton Glaser’s love of design created some of the most iconic images of our lifetime, including one of the greatest design puzzles,
I LOVE NY, for which he received not a single penny. Delve into the multi-faceted artist who is the key figure in American iconography.
2. Helvetica - Step off Franklin Gothic or Futura, the universally excepted and ignored Helvetica takes center stage in this documentary that will give you insights to why this typeface rules everything from corporate logos to street signs.
3. Objectified - Don’t dismiss them because they are beautiful, these “things” are also functional. Explore how objects are made, why they are made and how they make us feel in our everyday lives.
4. Art & Copy - What Would Don Draper Do? (WWDDD) This compelling documentary will give you the insights to what the “Mad Men” use to create those catchy advertisements to buy more cars, beer, burgers, etc.
5. Page One: Inside the New York Times - The news paper business is dead, or is it? With the ever changing channels of how society gets its news, these NYT folks will also need to change. What is their strategy? May I suggest Bill Cunningham Front Page? Oh hum, everyone needs the Sunday paper for brunch (and the Finch & Ada Sunday Weekly Wrap!)